Job Posting – Senior Estimator
CORTINA Kitchens is a privately-owned Canadian Company providing a full service, design, and fabrication solution, producing some of the highest quality kitchens, vanities and furnishing in the market. Over the last 33 years, we have recognized the importance of building an experienced group of designers, craftsmen, finishers, service and installation teams making the company one of the leaders within the manufacturing industry.
Cortina Kitchens Inc. is committed to their core values and their initiative to growth, we are ready to grow, we are looking for a Senior Estimator to join our team.
- To prepare accurate estimates for projects, gathering information and analyzing important metrics, providing quantity take-off and costing for projects
Benefits and Advantages:
- Great work environment
- Full-Time Opportunity
- Competitive wages
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to Grow
- Prepare and/or assists in completing budgetary and final estimating of scopes of work
- Develop and/or assists in the preparation of estimate packages
- Use knowledge to focus work and drive short and long-term solutions
- Review requests for quotations and customer supplied drawings to determine the quantity of material, labour, and other factors that may impact the overall costs of a project
- Responsible for detailed cost estimates and qualification development for bid proposals
- Perform detailed structural and miscellaneous take offs
- Establish pricing for structural and/or miscellaneous scopes of work
- Deal with customers – must be able to maintain relationships with customer
- Other projects as assigned
- Assist with Project Controls (Schedule/Cost control)
- Not limited to
- Ability to develop positive relationships with Reception, Clients, Production, and Engineering.
- Establish long range objectives and apply specific strategies and actions to achieve them
- Maintain existing relationships and assist in growing sales on an annual basis
Knowledge And Skills;
- High comfort level with computers and computer systems
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate results and choose the best solution to solve challenges.
- Positively resolve complaints. Be solution driven and able to settle objections/unrealistic requests with a positive outcome.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely utilizing strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Exceptional ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Proficient in MS Office, CRM software, AutoCAD, Microvellum, Sketch-Up
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High comfort level in all applicable computer software
- Driven to constantly learn and update knowledge base