Job Posting – Cabinet Maker (Custom)
CORTINA Kitchens is a privately-owned Canadian Company providing a full service, design, and fabrication solution, producing some of the highest quality kitchens, vanities and furnishing in the market. Over the last 33 years, we have recognized the importance of building an experienced group of designers, craftsmen, finishers, service and installation teams making the company one of the leaders within the manufacturing industry.
Cortina Kitchens Inc. is committed to their core values and their initiative to growth, we are ready to grow, we are looking for a Cabinet Maker to join our team.
- Responsible for crafting, assembling, producing custom cabinets and fine wooden millwork.
What We Offer
- Competitive Wages
- Full-Time Opportunity
- Benefits Package
- Great Work Environment
- Family-Owned Company
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Operating Equipment
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Build wall vanities, bars, fireplaces, closets, custom millwork for kitchens & vanities.
- Small repairs.
- Estimate and gather materials required for production.
- Select and verify quality wood to meet specifications.
- Use shapers and table saws, rulers, measuring tapes and electronic equipment to accurately measure wood for cutting and shaping.
- Cut and detail wood for production.
- Cut, drill, sand or plane materials for snug fit.
- Assemble components & install on job sites.
- Sand, detail and finish assembled materials.
- Ensure excellent fit, finish and operability.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment.
- Keep a daily log of tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in a related field preferred.
- 2-5 years experience as a cabinet maker is considered an asset
- Knowledge of carpentry within in the kitchen, millwork, and furniture installation.
- Knowledge of safe operation of hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Capable of lift to 75 lbs. on an occasional basis
- Plant conditions.
- Frequently noisy working environment.
- Interacts with management, colleagues, visitors, and customers.
- Overtime as required.
- Use of PPE, including safety glasses and steel toe boots required.
Thank you for your interest in Cortina Kitchens Inc. Visit www.cortinakitchens.com for more information about our company!
Cortina Kitchens Inc. supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.